Three Full Days Drawing from the Parthenon Frieze (Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday
Time & Location
About The Event
As a starting point, for centuries the traditionally trained art student has drawn from ancient sculpture. Following this practice, Nichola Eddery has designed a fifteen-hour traditional drawing short course in the British Museum
The class will be taught by Nichola herself and will offer her unique blend of traditional training through drawing directly from the famous casts or paintings. She has designed this workshop for those who are eager to experience an introductory traditional drawing class. Through a step-by-step methodology, Nichola will provide demonstrations and exercises to help each student learn how to start a drawing, and learn how to achieve a clearer understanding of gesture, proportion, structure, light, shadow. The afternoon will involve learning the envelope and the stages of the block-in.
Structure of afternoon (14.00pm - 18.30pm)
- 13.45 am - 13.55 am Meet and greet in the back entrance (Great Russell St)
- 13.55 am - 14.00 am Walk to Ancient Greece room 18
- 14.00 am - 16.30 pm Drawing
- 16.30 pm - 17.00 pm Talk in vaults and taxi ride to
- 17.00 pm - 18.30 pm Wine Tasting
- 15 hours of tutoring
- Max 8 places so each student receives more one-to-one tutoring time with Nichola.
- This workshop is for adults over 18-years-old
- Students in full time education receive a 10% discount and must provide their student ID on arrival to the lesson
- All levels of drawing experience are welcome, including the complete beginner
- Nichola will provide one-to-one tuition to each participant during the class.
- The programme will provide demonstrations and exercises to learn the introductory stages of a drawing; learning how to begin, proportion, structure, light and shade.
- On receipt, you will receive the password to access the drawing handbook to prepare for the classes. The drawing handbook link is located at the bottom of every page on this website and is labelled 'Drawing Handbook'. Click on this link and then enter the password. The handbook is an instructive document that will provide information on the fundamental principles of drawing to help you prepare for class. You will also receive, a list of instructional drawing books, suggestions on how to continue with your practice and other useful information.
- Essential supplies are to be purchased before the class and this includes: A4 drawing pad, 2B pencil, a grey putty rubber and an enclosed sharpener. This will cost under £10. The full list is on the Materials page and to access this page please click on the link at the bottom of every page labelled 'Drawing Materials and Suppliers'. These lists can also be found in the drawing handbook.
- Students wishing to try red chalk or graphite and chalk on toned paper are welcomed to the class, but must be purchased before the workshop commences.
- Stools will be provided and are to be returned at the end of class.
- Knitting needles will be provided for measuring and are to be returned at the end of class.
Max weight for Nichola's stools is 90kg.
Please read terms and conditions for the cancellation and refund policy and remember bookings made less than three days prior the workshop commences is non-refundable.
If you have any special requirements or have any questions please email Nichola at email@example.com.
You do not need a Paypal account to pay. Please clink on the link and check out as guest to pay with debit or credit card.
- Student discount 10%£153£1530£0