Live Online Bargue Drawing Classes
Time & Location
About The Event
What do the lessons offer?
- Introductory Class - You recieve introductory lecture and learn about line, shape, and proportion through drawing from a selection of Bargue plates of human features.
- Block booking four sessions - You will receive the introductory class plus learning techniques such as the envelope and block-ins through drawing Bargue Plate of appendages. You will also learn about the classic order of light, value, tonal gradation and how to draw the shadow pattern, mass in the shadow and start to model form through shading techniques. Optional homework will be provided. Lessons must be used with-in 2 months.
- Block booking six sessions - You will learn the above plus choose to learn how to draw a portrait or a torso or a horse sculpture. Optional homework will be provided. Lessons must be used with-in three months
- Pay-as-you-go - Nichola will provide the necessary lessons as you go
- Introductory class - drawing handbook
- Block booking sessions - drawing handbook, light theory handout and block booking handout
- Pay-as-you-go - handbooks will be given according to your stage in the course
- 2 - 12 hours of tutoring
- Max 6 places
- Flextime timetable - drop-in on a Saturday morning from 10.30 am - 12.30 pm
- All levels of drawing experience are welcome, including the complete beginner
- Students in full time education receive a 10% discount and must provide their student ID prior lesson
- Nichola will provide one-to-one tuition to each participant during the evening
- The programme will provide lectures, demonstrations and exercises to learn the vital stages of a drawing; learning how to begin a drawing and learn how to achieve proportion, structure, form, value, light, shade and understanding how to convey the interaction of light on form through line and tonal gradation.
- On receipt, you will receive the password to access the drawing handbook to prepare for the classes. The drawing handbook link is located at the bottom of every page on this website and is labelled 'Drawing Handbook'. Click on this link and then enter the password. The handbook is an instructive document that will provide information on the fundamental principles of drawing and other useful information.
- Essential supplies are to be purchased before the course and this includes, A4 drawing pad, H, HB & 2B pencil, putty rubber, a sharpener, an easel, A3 drawing board, art clips, and an extension arm is very useful for critiques. The full list is on the Materials page and to access this page please click on the link at the bottom of every page labelled 'Drawing Materials and Suppliers'. The list can also be found in the drawing handbook.
This workshop is for adults over 18 years of age, unless a minor over 16 year old has their parent's/guardian's express consent.
Please read terms and conditions for the cancellation and refund policy and remember bookings made less than three days prior the class commences is non-refundable.
- 4 Block Booking Lessons£96£960£0
- 6 Block Booking Lessons£120£1200£0