Learn to Draw the Portrait from Sculptural Masterpieces
Time & Location
About The Event
Nichola Eddery has designed a three-hour classical drawing workshop on a Tuesday morning in the Victoria and Albert Museum. This class will focus on learning how to draw a portrait from the sculptural masterpieces.
This class will be taught by Nichola Eddery and will offer her unique blend of classical training by drawing directly from sculptures. Nichola will provide demonstrations and exercises to help each student learn the introductory stages of traditional drawing.
This is a great introductory lesson in classical training, set in a truly beautiful and inspiring museum.
Structure of the Morning
- 10 am -10.15am Meet and great in the front hall
- 10.15am – 11.35am Drawing
- 11.35am– 11.55am Optional coffee break at the V&A Cafe
- 11.55am – 1.15pm Drawing
- 3 hours of tutoring
- Max 7 places
- All levels of drawing experience are welcome.
- Nichola will provide 1-1 tuition to each participant during the evening.
- The programme will provide demonstrations and exercises to learn the introductory stages of a drawing; learning how to begin, proportion, structure and light and shade.
- On receipt, you will receive the password to access the drawing handbook to prepare for the classes. The drawing handbook link is located at the bottom of every page on this website and is labeled 'Drawing Handbook'. Click on this link and then enter the password. The handbook is an instructive document that will provide information on the fundamental principles of drawing, a list of supplies for the class, online suppliers and other useful information.
- Essential supplies must be purchased before the class and this includes, A4 drawing pad, 2B pencil, putty rubber, enclosed sharpener, and a ruler. This will cost under £10.
- Students wishing to try red chalk or graphite and chalk on toned paper are welcomed to the class but must be purchased before the workshop commences.
- Stools will be provided.
Please inform Nichola if you have any special requirements and please do not hesitate to contact Nichola if you have any questions.
Nichola will provide her mobile number on receipt.
- Half day 10am - 1.15pm£45£450£0