A Thursday Morning of Drawing from Classical Antiquity
Time & Location
About The Event
Nichola Eddery has designed a three hour classical drawing workshop in the classical antiquity rooms in the British Museum.
The class will be taught by Nichola Eddery and will offer her unique blend of classical training through drawing directly from the ancient sculptures. Nichola will provide demonstrations and exercises to help each student learn the introductory stages of traditional drawing.
This is a great workshop for those who wish to experience a taste of classical drawing, set in a magnificent and inspiring collection of classical antiquity.
Structure of the Workshop
- 10.00pm Meet and greet in the front entrance
- 10.15am - 11.35am Drawing
- 11.35am - 12.55pm Optional coffee break
- 12.55pm -1.15pm Drawing
- 3 hours of tutoring
- Max 8 places
- All levels of drawing experience are welcome.
- Nichola will provide 1-1 tuition to each participant during the class.
- The programme will provide demonstrations and exercises to learn the introductory stages of a drawing; learning how to begin, proportion, structure, light and shade.
- On receipt, you will receive the password to access the drawing handbook to prepare for the classes. The drawing handbook link is located at the bottom of every page on this website and is labeled 'Drawing Handbook'. Click on this link and then enter the password. The handbook is an instructive document that will provide information on the fundamental principles of drawing, a list of supplies for the class, online suppliers and other useful information.
- Essential supplies are to be purchased before the class and this includes: A4 drawing pad, 2B pencil, putty rubber, enclosed sharpener, and a ruler. This will cost under £10.
- Students wishing to try red chalk or graphite and chalk on toned paper are welcomed to the class, but must be purchased before the workshop commences.
- Stools will be provided.
Please inform Nichola is you have any special requirements and please do not hesitate to contact Nichola if you have any questions.
Nichola will provide her mobile on receipt.
- Half day 10am - 1.15pm£45£450£0