A Saturday of Drawing from the Greats
Time & Location
About The Event
Nichola Eddery has designed a day workshop in one the most renowned art collections in the world, the National Gallery. This workshop will be comprised of three or six hours of classical training in drawing,
The drawing classes will be taught by Nichola Eddery, offering her unique classical drawing programme that will involve drawing directly from the Old Master paintings such as Carracci, Van Dyck and Rubens. For half days, Nichola will provide demonstrations and exercises to help each student learn the introductory stages of traditional drawing. Those wishing to book the full day will receive further lessons in the vital stages of traditional drawings.
This is a great event for those who wish to experience an introductory half or full day of classical training in drawing, set in a magnificent and inspiring collection of Old Master works.
Structure of Event
- 10.00 am Meet and greet in the main entrance
- 10.15 am - 11.35 am Drawing
- 11.35 am – 11.55 am An Optional coffee break
- 11.55 am – 1.15 pm Drawing
- 1.15 pm – 2.15 pm Lunch
- 2.15 pm – 3.35 pm Drawing
- 3.35 pm - 3.55 pm Optional coffee break
- 3.55 pm - 5.15 pm Drawing
- 3 or 6 hours of tutoring
- Max 7 places
- All levels of drawing experience are welcome.
- Nichola will provide 1-1 tuition to each participant during the class.
- The programme will provide demonstrations and exercises to learn the introductory stages of a drawing; learning how to begin, proportion, structure, light and shade.
- On receipt, you will receive the password to access the drawing handbook to prepare for the classes. The drawing handbook link is located at the bottom of every page on this website and is labeled 'Drawing Handbook'. Click on this link and then enter the password. The handbook is an instructive document that will provide information on the fundamental principles of drawing, a list of supplies for the class, online suppliers and other useful information.
- Essential supplies are to be purchased before the course and this includes, A4 drawing pad, 2B pencil, putty rubber, enclosed sharpener, and a ruler. This will cost under £10.
- Students wishing to try red chalk or graphite and chalk on toned paper are welcomed to the class but must be purchased before the workshop commences.
- Stools will be provided and are to be returned at the end of class.
- Knitting needles will be provided for measuring and are to be returned at the end of class.
Please inform Nichola if you have any special requirements and please do not hesitate to contact Nichola if you have any questions.
Nichola will provide her mobile number on receipt.
- Full day 10am - 5.15pm£85£850£0
- Half Day 10am - 1.15pm£45£450£0
- Half day 2.15pm - 5.15pm£45£450£0