A Saturday Morning of Drawing from Titain and his Contemporaries
Time & Location
About The Event
For centuries artists have drawn from their predecessors in museums to further their abilities. Following this tradition Nichola Eddery has designed a half-day workshop in one the most renowned art collections in the world, The National Gallery.
This short course will be taught by Nichola Eddery and will offer her unique blend of traditional training through drawing 16th Century Old Master paintings of Titian and his contemporaries. Nichola has designed this workshop as a taster class, designed for those who are curious to experience an introductory class of traditional training. Through a step-by-step methodology, Nichola will provide demonstrations and exercises to help each student learn the introductory stages of traditional drawing. This includes how to start a drawing and learn how to achieve a clearer understanding of proportion, structure, gesture, light and shadow.
This course will be comprised of three hours of training in figurative drawing. The morning will be split into two, one-hour and twenty-minute sessions with an optional twenty-minute coffee break.
This short course is designed for a small group, so each student receives moref 1-1 tutoring time with Nichola.
Structure of Event
- 10.00 am - 10.10 am Meet and greet in the Sainsbury Wing Entrance next to stairs
- 10.10 am - 10.15 am Walk to level 1, room 18
- 10.15 am - 11.35 am Drawing
- 11.35 am - 11.55 pm Optional coffee break
- 11.55pm - 13.15 pm Drawing
- 3 hours of tutoring
- Max 7 places for adults over 18 years of age
- All levels of drawing experience are welcome.
- Nichola will provide 1-1 tuition to each participant during the class.
- The programme will provide demonstrations and exercises to learn the introductory stages of a drawing; learning how to begin, proportion, structure, light and shade.
- On receipt, you will receive the password to access the drawing handbook to prepare for the classes. The drawing handbook link is located at the bottom of every page on this website and is labelled 'Drawing Handbook'. Click on this link and then enter the password. The handbook is an instructive document that will provide information on the fundamental principles of drawing, a list of supplies for the class, online suppliers, map of museums for meeting points and other useful information.
- Essential supplies are to be purchased before the course and this includes, A4 drawing pad, 2B pencil, putty rubber and an enclosed sharpener. This will cost under £10.
- Students wishing to try red chalk or graphite and chalk on toned paper are welcomed to the class but must be purchased before the workshop commences.
- Stools will be provided and are to be returned at the end of class.
- Knitting needles will be provided for measuring and are to be returned at the end of class.
Max weight for the stool is 90kg, but there are benches available in the chosen room too.
Please read terms and conditions for the cancellation and refund policy and remember bookings made less than three days prior to the workshop commences is non-refundable.
Please inform Nichola if you have any special requirements and please do not hesitate to contact Nichola if you have any questions.
Nichola will provide her mobile number on receipt.
- Half Day 10am - 13.15pm£45£450£0