A Morning of Drawing from Classical Antiquity
Time & Location
About The Event
Nichola Eddery has designed a three hour classical drawing workshop in the classical antiquity rooms in the British Museum.
The class will be taught by Nichola Eddery and will offer her unique blend of classical training through drawing directly from the ancient sculptures. Nichola will provide demonstrations and exercises to help each student learn the introductory stages of traditional drawing.
This is a great workshop for those who wish to experience a taste of classical drawing, set in a magnificent and inspiring collection of classical antiquity.
Structure of the Workshop
- 10.00pm Meet and Greet
- 10.15am - 11.35pm Drawing
- 11.35pm - 12.55pm Optional Coffee Break
- 12.55pm -1.15pm Drawing
- 3 hours of tutoring
- Max 8 places
- All levels of drawing experience are welcome.
- Nichola will provide 1-1 tuition to each participant during the class.
- The programme will provide demonstrations and exercises to learn the introductory stages of a drawing; learning how to begin, proportion, structure, light and shade.
- On receipt, you will receive a drawing handbook to prepare for the drawing class. The handbook is a 13 page document that will provide information on the fundamental principles of drawing, a list of supplies for the class, online suppliers and other useful information.
- Essential supplies are to be purchased before the class and this includes: A4 drawing pad, 2B pencil, putty rubber, enclosed sharpener, and a ruler. This will cost under £10.
- Students wishing to try red chalk or graphite and chalk on toned paper are welcomed to the class, but must be purchased before the workshop commences.
- Stools will be provided.
Please do not hesitate to contact Nichola if you have any questions.
- Drawing from Antiquity£47£470£0